Location: Winslow Court, Herefordshire
£18,505.50 – £20,436.00pa / £9.49 – £10.48ph (From Sept 21 – dependent on qualifications & experience)
Winslow Court provides residential support for young adults aged 18 years and over, who have a severe learning disability, autism, communication difficulties, challenging behaviours, mental health and other complex needs.
What will we offer you?
- Free DBS
- Discounted RAC cover (up to 45% off)
- Career progression towards a TEAM LEADER earning up to £21,411.00
- Mileage allowance for those travelling 20+ miles to work (up to £325pm)
- Free meals while on shift
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid training hours
- Generous overtime rates
- Upon starting in this role you would qualify for a Blue Light Card – a discount service for the social care sector providing members with discounts online and on the high street. Read more at: https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/
About the role…
We are looking to add to our kind, caring and compassionate Residential Support Worker team, if successful you will join them in supporting the residents within the home and out in the community.
Every day is different, we have themed evenings and lunches, keep fit groups and Winslow has built its own ‘Hideout Cafe’.
During your working day you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the safety of the residents at all times
- Delivering personal care
- Administering medication
- Ensuring paperwork is up to date
- Facilitating a happy and supportive atmosphere
You will be required to work a rostered shift pattern inclusive of some evening and weekend work.
The shift hours are as follows
Early: 7:30am – 2:30pm
Late: 2:00pm – 9:30pm
As a Support Worker you will experience challenging behaviour, but we will provide you will the
appropriate training and a series of shadow shifts so you can be confident in your ability to handle these situations safely. Our friendly team will also always be on hand for advice!
– Good sense of humour
– Calm and even tempered
– A valid current driving licence
Part time and Night vacancies also available, for more information please call our recruitment team on 01885 488 096 Ext 12103
Winslow Court, Bromyard, Herefordshire, HR7 4LS
The SENAD Group is dedicated to equality of opportunity in all areas of work, education and care. We are committed to safeguarding those in our care – the successful candidate will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to thorough background checks.