Location: Winslow Court, Herefordshire
£9.49 – £10.48ph (From Sept 21 – dependent on qualifications & experience)
We are looking to recruit part time Social Care Practitioners to assist our residents within the home
environment and out in the community. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about promoting
independence and providing the best care possible.
As a Support Worker you will plan activities & day trips and deliver personal care. You will also experience
challenging behaviour, but we will provided you will the appropriate training and a series of shadow shifts so
you can be confident in your ability to handle these situations
safely. Our friendly team will also always be on hand for advice!
In return for your hard work and commitment, we will offer a support network of experienced care
professionals, a rewarding career path and the promise that no working day will be the same!
The role involves working a 3 week rolling rota pattern, the shift hours are as follows:
Early: 7:30am – 2:30pm
Late: 2:00pm – 9:30pm
You will also be required to attend learning & development hours.
ABOUT WINSLOW COURT
Winslow Court provides residential support for young adults aged 18 years and over, who have a severe learning
disability, autism, communication difficulties, challenging behaviours, mental health and other complex needs.
– Good Pension Scheme
– Travel Allowance for those travelling over 20 miles (up to £325 per month)
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Paid induction and training time
– Paid sick pay
– Good internal progression opportunities
Upon starting in this role you would qualify for a Blue Light Card – a discount service for the social care sector providing members with discounts online and on the high street. Read more at: https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/
– An ability to identify and undertake any training necessary to develop within the role.
– Good sense of humour.
– Calm and even tempered.
– A natural respect for the dignity and individuality of residents.
– A valid current driving licence
– Previous experience within a residential setting
– Experience of severe learning difficulties and/or challenging behaviour
– Experience in the personal care and hygiene of another person
– NVQ 2 or 3 in Care
The SENAD Group is dedicated to equality of opportunity in all areas of work, education and care. We are
committed to safeguarding those in our care; all employees are required to obtain an Enhanced DBS Disclosure
and follow safeguarding policy and practice
For further information contact our recruitment team on 01885 488096 Ext: 12103 / email