Location: Rowden House School, Herefordshire
Salary: £10.29 – £12.77 (dependant on qualifications and experience)
Hours 8:30 – 4:30 or 8 – 4
Rowden House School in Herefordshire provides individualised care and education programmes for children and young people aged 11 to 19 years, with severe learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour.
We are seeking patient and even-tempered Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team. Ideally you will have experience in a similar role, but applicants who are new to this area will be considered as we are able to offer an outstanding training package. You must however, have the ability to work under pressure and a natural respect for the dignity and individuality of the students.
What does the role involve?
– Supporting the teacher with preparation, display and general classroom duties, including the organisation and development of class planning.
– Providing support for students in all aspects of care, education and health.
– Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults at all times.
– Assisting the teacher with the supervision of the children or group of children during class activities, at lunchtimes, moving around the campus and surrounding areas, and activities away from the classroom.
– Assisting at an appropriate level with the implementation of the programmes and management strategies in place for the pupils as developed by appropriate professionals, e.g. physiotherapist, speech therapist, psychologist.
What can we offer you?
– A beautiful working environment in the Herefordshire countryside
– Paid induction and training time
– A rewarding and varied job role
– A competitive salary
The SENAD Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. As part of the appointment process we will undertake checks to ensure that you do not pose a risk of harm to children or young people – the successful candidate will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to thorough background checks.
The SENAD Group is dedicated to equality of opportunity in all areas of work, education and care.
Rowden House School, Bromyard, Herefordshire, HR7 4LS