Location: Maple View School, Derbyshire
Salary: £10.10 – 11.20 ph
What will we offer you?
In return for your hard work, you will benefit from:
– Employee Assistance Programme
– £1500 welcome bonus for qualified staff (Terms and Conditions apply)
– Paid training and DBS
Maple View School is an aspirational specialist school in the SENAD Group portfolio for children with moderate to severe learning difficulties, aged 7 to 16 years. The school offers fully individualised and inclusive education for day pupils and up to 8 residential students. The school is easily accessible and located close to Derby City Centre.
The role will include
· Supporting and developing our young people within the home, including supporting with personal care
· Undertaking checks on our young people throughout the night and relaying information to our day care team
· Managing challenging behaviour within a close team
Our Residential Support Workers will support the children to find a way of life that suits them and to help them achieve their maximum potential level of independence. You will play a key role in the delivery of a sound, consistent care provision.
You should have experience of working in a residential school / care setting and with children and young people and hold a relevant L3 Diploma (or be willing to work towards achieving this). You will work on a 3 on 3 off rota system (2130 to 0730).You should be resilient and able to work with, and support others to work with, challenging behaviour.
For further information contact our recruitment team on 01885 488 096 Ext 12103
Maple View School, 305A Prince Charles Avenue, Mackworth, Derby DE22 4LL