Location: Fairfield House, Shropshire
£10.10 – £11.08 (dependent on qualifications & experience)
Upon starting in this role you would qualify for a Blue Light Card – a discount service for the social care sector providing members with discounts online and on the high street. Read more at: https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/
Annual Leave: 116 hours which is 8 * 14.5 hr shifts.
What will we offer you?
- A condensed rota pattern working 2 on 4 off (14 ½ hour shifts, 7:15am – 9:45pm)
- Full training and induction programme (which you will be paid for)
- Support of an experienced, stable and friendly team
- No previous experience is required – you will be given full training and shadow shifts with our fantastic team. We just need you to have natural empathy, be able to think on your feet and have a good sense of humour.
- Free DBS
- Mileage allowance for those travelling 20+ miles to work
- Free meals while on shift
- Generous overtime rates
- Up to £1500 welcome bonus for qualified staff
Fairfield House is a residential home for adults with learning difficulties and also some challenging behaviour.
Here at Fairfield House we pride ourselves on giving the best possible care and life experience for our young adults. We go on various trips out; we go ice skating, we go to the theatre; do arts and crafts, cookery, bowling, gardening and much more. We are completely led by our residents – we do whatever activities they are interested in (and we can reasonably facilitate!).
As a Support Worker you will support the residents within the home and out in the community.
You will be responsible for:
– ensuring the safety of the residents at all times
– delivering personal care
– ensuring paperwork is up to date
– administering medication
As a Support Worker you will experience challenging behaviour, but we will provided you will the appropriate training and a series of shadow shifts so you can be confident in your ability to handle these situations safely. Our friendly team will also always be on hand for advice!
– Good sense of humour
– Calm and even tempered
– A valid current driving licence
– Previous experience within a residential setting.
– Experience of severe learning difficulties and/or challenging behaviour.
– Experience in the personal care and hygiene of another person.
– NVQ3 in Care or equivalent
– Care certificate
For more information please call our recruitment team on 01885 488 096 Ext:12102
Fairfield House, Bleathwood, Nr Ludlow SY8 4LF
The SENAD Group is dedicated to equality of opportunity in all areas of work, education and care. We are committed to safeguarding those in our care – the successful candidate will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to thorough background checks.