Advice and FAQs

Q. How do I make a referral or general enquiry?

A. There are several ways you can contact the SENAD Group or our Schools and homes. You can contact our Central Office on 01332 378 840 Monday to Friday 9am-5pm or go directly to the individual schools and homes. All contact details can be found on the contact page of the website. Alternatively you can complete our online enquiry form which can be accessed from the main contact page or from the school/home page that you are interested in. All enquiries will be handled in confidence.

Q. Do you charge for assessments?

A. No, our short assessments are free. We do however charge for long residential assessments (i.e. those lasting more than 4 residential days)

Q. Can I view your school or adult homes on a no obligation basis?

A. Yes, please contact the school you are interested in directly. They will discuss the reason for your visit with you and arrange a suitable date for you to visit the school/home, where you will be able to meet staff and students/residents

Q. I have looked at a number of your schools/homes on the website and I am not sure which one is most suitable to meet my needs?

A. Please contact us by telephone on 01332 378 840 or via the general contact enquiry form and we will contact you to discuss your needs in more depth. If we feel more than one of our schools or homes may be suitable then we are able to arrange joint assessments and from this the most suitable school/home can be quickly identified.

Q. Are you able to take emergency placements for children, young people or adults?

A. We are registered to admit pupils and adults into our homes and schools following an assessment. We can arrange for this to occur very quickly typically with a residential or day pupil assessment period following thereafter. This process can be as short as 24 hours notice.
Please note we are not registered for ‘same day’ admissions into our schools or children’s homes

Q. Although I feel that a residential placement at your school/home would be best for my child I am concerned about them being away from home.

A. We understand that it is only natural for parents to feel anxious about their loved one moving away from home. Each school offers full support to families and our staff are able to talk through any anxieties you may have. We operate an open door policy and welcome communication with Parents/Carers and associated professionals.

Q. Do you help parents at SENDIST tribunals?

A. Yes. We can advocate for our service if we believe that our school meets your child’s needs. Please note that we will not fund your SENDIST tribunal costs.

Q. How do I raise a concern or make a complaint about your services?

A. Email us at or call us on 01332 378 840, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

If there are any questions you have that are not answered above you can call our Central Office on 01332 378 840. All correspondence with be handled in confidence.