Over the past couple of years, interest in our horticulture curriculum has grown immensely. We have a core group of students who’ve produced plants for sale across the school. This has been exceptionally beneficial for the mental well-being of some of our students. Just a few of the benefits we’ve seen are:
– being in the outdoors;
– increased mindfulness (living in the moment);
– increased physical activity;
– improved levels of concentration/attention;
– increased self-esteem (through seeing tangible results of your work);
– increased social opportunities.
We’re also trying to set up a similar project on our Lower Site too with some KS4 gardeners!